Monday, May 02, 2005

From the "That sucks!" file

Heart patient dies day after bike trek May 02, 2005(AP)
A man who pedaled across the country after heart bypass surgery gave him a second chance at life has died of a heart attack—one day after completing the 3,800-km trip. Broc Bebout, a 57-year-old retired engineer, died Thursday on the van drive back to his home in Anderson—one day after completing the ride from Carlsbad, Calif. to Brunswick, Ga. His wife, Patricia Brinkman, said bicycling became Bebout’s ticket to nearly 20 years of good health after quadruple-bypass surgery at age 39. He also learned to eat right and take care of himself, she added. In an e-mail to her Wednesday before a celebratory steak dinner, Bebout described what the trip had meant to him: “An incredible experience with incredible people.” “It was a trip of a lifetime,” she said. “We all have a list of things we like to say we did. That was right up there at the top.”

I actually read this as I was eating a Big Mac. That sucks!

Love

UNDr.


P.S.

Things to do before I die: I was going to ride my bike for 3,800 km but ....no.

If you care to let me know the five things you would do before your demise.

4 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, May 02, 2005, Blogger Abe said...

That does suck. Shit!

 
At 10:54 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger just a mom said...

5 things before I die....HHHMMM.....

1. get tummy tuck and a boob lift
2. Ride George Clooney (HHMMM, maybe Lenny Kravitz instead)like a stallion
4. See the whales on a cruise in Alaska with my family close
5. Go on an around the world vacation and go to all the obscure places as well as the obvious places.
6. Help as many people as I can in what ever way that I can along the way.

Cheesy, I know....I reallt don't care.

 
At 12:11 AM, May 04, 2005, Blogger JPA in STL said...

This is so weird. I have the same 5 things before I die as "just a mom"

 
At 11:10 PM, May 04, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Hey me too except. I would ride Rosemary Clooney. Is that wierd?

UNDr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.