Thursday, June 30, 2005

Poem from an eternal Sophomore

Here's a poem I wrote: (its crap, but I'm paying rent here. So bug off!)

INK

When will we wake up?
When will the reverie subside?
When this world we made up,
collapsing, walls of lies.

We painted pictures
swam in colors and did not sink
We spilled the tincture
and we're drowning in the ink

I'm crying, you're not
We both lose in this game
You're dying, I'm not
only have ourselves to blame

When did we think that wrong was right
Now our realities collide
out of a wreckage no one survives
as we watch the fire die.

Thank you. Now make sure you support our fellow bloggers. Check out the linky links. You will be entertained. At the very least.

UNdr

2 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, June 30, 2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

One word. WOW!
If poetry.com doesn't write you the $10,000 check for this one I will. Linda

 
At 12:18 PM, July 02, 2005, Blogger Carissa said...

Your poem makes me sad. But, I like it.

Carissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.