Monday, July 04, 2005

Another Poem

On my recent 100 I stated in number "#69 I try to write stuff from points of view I may never understand."

This is one of those times.

Like to take a whack at what I mean with this.

(Written from a woman's point of view. Trying to, at least. )

Scrape

Why don’t you hold my hand?
Why do you only hold me down?
You, a silhouette of man
Onlooker, that watches me drown

Can you feel the
Water in my lungs?
Can you hear the scream,
That scrapes my tongue?

Do you feel the
Air in me replaced?
Is there any love
for me, misplaced?

Are you forgiving me?
You boil with audacity
Mementos, black as tar
nothing but Internal scars

Hatred in your laugh
My life’s a stolen photograph
Unknown picture
Of perfect posture

Hit me with your fists
It might be better than this
So I can touch and see by bruises
Painted bruises

But you hurt me
Inside my soul
And I hate you
Because you have control

And you choke me
With your abuse
I may not win
But I will never lose.


I may not win
But I will never lose.
UNdr(Caution: Poet Laureate in training)
P.S. Don't worry, I'll have nonsensical humorous posts later.

5 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, July 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You win the Poets Laureate lifetime achivement award.

 
At 12:00 AM, July 06, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:02 AM, July 06, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Thank you anon. I am so honored.
I just want to thank all the little people: dwarfs, midgets and the keebler elves.

thanks.

flustered and teary eyed,
UNdr

 
At 1:25 AM, July 06, 2005, Blogger j2 said...

she should leave him.

i think it's good, i got a little lost in the middle but it's workable.

assistant to the editor in chief, j2

 
At 4:45 AM, July 06, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

J2:

The middle is where the fruit filling is.

Undr editor in chief and assistant to the assistant to the editor in chief.

PS J2 thanx for input

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.