Monday, July 04, 2005

Editorial on Jessica Simpson











Okay, let's get down to business. I heard the Dukes of Hazzard song, by Jessie Simpson(I'm her best friend but she don't know it.) "These boots are made for walking"

Although I saw the video previously, it might as well have been muted because I really wasn't listening to the music, if you get my drift. However, after I heard it on my least favorite radiostation from Atlanta Star 94, I realized: That this is one of the worst renditions of this horrible song. I know she has a better voice than this and she completely went retarded on this song.

And so, to my friend Jessica Simpson: I am boycotting listening to this song on the radio.

The video, I'll watch.

UNdr
Editor in Chief and Janitor

5 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, July 05, 2005, Blogger dewey said...

You'll watch the video for her impressively sized...*talents*... right? I haven't seen it yet (thank god) nor have I heard it on the radio. But if you could get her husband, Johnny Knoxville and Seann Willam Scott to make a lot of mostly-naked cameos in the video (or better still, all three...) I'll be right there watching along.

 
At 11:12 PM, July 05, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Shes very talenteddd sorry d's always get stuck on my keyboard.

UNdr

PS you are right all those guys are cute. Ahem, um.. I'll go watch some rugby or something manly

 
At 1:20 AM, July 06, 2005, Blogger j2 said...

the song is horrible! i love the original version by nancy sinatra and the original video too. the cover version jessica simpson did is a disgrace. yeah the video is hot to a point but yeah, maybe i'll put it on mute when i see it again. did you see the making of the video? her dad lusts after her. it's gross. but i agree, not that she is the greatest singer but she could've done better than that.

 
At 8:08 PM, July 06, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

When she sang at the MTV awards, I couldn't agree more when it was posted on a daily mag here in chicago of her
'oversinging' I only like one song of her, I think it's called 'Beautiful' not sure, but it was the one song she sounded decent singing. I almost gagged when she remade Berlins 'take my breath away' GAG!

 
At 11:24 PM, July 06, 2005, Blogger Carissa said...

You know Willie Nelson plays guitar and sings in the song, right? I really hope that he got paid LOTS of money, did it because he felt obligated to help a fellow castmate, and didn't hear it until the video came out.

Otherwise, he should be embarrassed. If the new, reggae album doesn't embarrass him enough. What's he thinking?

Carissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.