Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Humpty Dance and other love songs

"I sang on "Doowutchyalike and if you missed it..."

(everyone in unison)

"I'm the one who said, 'just grab her in the biscuits'"-----Digital Underground Humpty Dance as sung by me in a Walmart dressing room. Yes, I was pant-less and trying on a watch.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! The beautiful sounds of love.

Dearest Homeys:

Its always nice to reminisce about sights, sounds, smells and nagging itchiness that love brings to that dismal void you call life. And after the aforementioned itchiness subsides, your are left with tons of dead skin under your nails and songs. Yes, the sappy love songs that affect your heart like a double quarter pound lard burger with extra grease and a side of cheese smothered bacon.

It's those love songs that remind you of your past or your present, well why would want to remember your present if you are already living it? Anyhow, you know what I mean.

So, my dear readers, send me a list of those sappy love songs that you cherish so dear. Doesn't matter what genre. Just send me your list (5 or more), and I will make a compilation 8-Track which I will sell on T.V. for only $19.95(all proceeds will go straight to me.) I'll even throw in a "If you act now..." Maybe I'll offer two 8-tracks for the price of 3. They'll never know the difference.

The genre(pronounced geenreee, it's swahili) I will choose, is the infamous Power Ballad. Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!

Here goes: Undr's list of songs that make you think of self mutilation* because she don't love you anymore, that dirty conniving slut!(oops, sorry!)


Undrs Songs of Sap

Number 5.
(ooh its a countdown, I am so like Casey Kasem. Did someone say "who"? Darn! I am old!)
Ahem!

5. I remember you---Skid Row

4. Patience----Gun's and Roses

3. I'll be there for you("these five words I swear to youuuu"... Sorry, I started to sing)-Bon Jovi

2. Heaven---Warrant (According to them it isn't too far away. Heaven that is)

1. Love song---Tesla (doo doo doo, doo doo dooo, I know...)

Nominated by didn't make the cut:
The complete works of Foreigner. Aerosmith's "Angel"

Honorable mention:
Anything by Airsupply, REO Speedwagon(I can't fight this feeling anymore) and Poison's "Every Rose has its Thorn".

Now most of you, my wonderful indulging readers, may have no clue who these people are. Especially the third graders and the "special" folks at the Asylum, but no matter. Just give me your sappy love songs, and we will speak of this to no one.

Sappy love song aficionado:
Undr

PS Can you feel the love? Or is it the cheese smothered bacon?

*Please don't self mutilate you might go blind or get hairy palms

11 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, July 27, 2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Ok Under here is mine:

1-Make you feel my love by Garth Brooks

2-I'll go on loving you by Alan Jackson(he is secretly singing ths to me cause I have green eyes)

3-Heaven by Bryan Adams

4-Straight from the heart by Bryan Adams

5-All out of love by Air Supply

6-Every rose has its thorns by Poison


That about does it for me today on the mushy gushy love songs. I am currently writing my own love song titled-My wife is a cold hearted bitch that throw me out the door!!! LOL

 
At 9:25 PM, July 27, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

A very nice mixture of both mushy and gushy. Well done.

I'm sure your love song will be a hit.

Undr

 
At 11:13 PM, July 27, 2005, Blogger j2 said...

There are only 3* and no more...

All Out Of Love (Air Supply)

The Air That I Breathe (The Hollies)

Total Eclipse of the Heart (Bonnie Tyler)


*3 in a certain genre of music, there are many more love songs that make me cry and i will play at my wedding but these 3, hands down, cannot be beat.

 
At 11:58 PM, July 27, 2005, Blogger dewey said...

Damn, Wish I Was Your Lover - Sophie B. Hawkins;
Have a Little Faith in Me - Joe Cocker;
Wicked Game - Chris Isaac;
I Will Remember You - Sarah MacLachlan;
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd.

Nominated but not selected:
Glycerine - Bush;
Stay - Lisa Loeb;
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own + All I Want is You - U2

 
At 10:23 AM, July 28, 2005, Blogger Lori said...

Hey Undr, Here is my fav luv songs:
1. Bathwater by: No Doubt
2.Control by: Puddle of Mudd
3.Figured You Out by: Nickelback
4. Suck my Kiss by: Red Hot Chili Peppers
And my all time fav one
5. Higher Love by: Steve Winwood

 
At 3:48 PM, July 28, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

Hey Undr, I knew all the people you mentioned - does that make me old?
Never mind, here's my list:
With or Without You - U2
Slave to Love - Bryan Ferry
Sealed with a Kiss - Jason Donovan*
Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers**
Take My Breath Away - Berlin


*Yes, Jason Donovan. The 80's were special to me!
**Technically also from the 80's cos it was in the movie "Ghost".

 
At 7:15 PM, July 28, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

I have six.

1. Lost in your eyes - Debbie Gibson

2. Possesion- Sarah McLachlan

3. Method of Modern Love - Hall and Oats

4. In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel

5. At This Moment - Billy Vera & the Beaters

6. November Rain - Guns 'N' Roses


There, I don't think that list makes me TOO old. Or maybe it does.

 
At 10:54 PM, July 28, 2005, Blogger Shull o' fit said...

I just surfed over from Kristy's blog and I don't know why it's taken me this long to discover your blog. Good stuff. I'll be back! Here's a couple of my tear jerkers: (aging myself)

1) I Found a Diary Underneath a Tree - Bread

2) Miracles - Jefferson Starship

3) Cruisin' - Smokey Robinson

4) Someday We'll Be Together - Diana Ross

 
At 11:21 PM, July 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog myself and I just HAVE to put my 2 pesos in (yes I was brought up in the 80's and am still a little stuck there).

1. Still Loving You - The Scorpions

2. Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor

3. Troy - Sinead O'Connor

4. Don't go away mad - Motley Crue (for those moments when you are glad they got the f* out of your life)

 
At 7:24 PM, July 29, 2005, Blogger grody jo-dee said...

here's my fave five o' the cheese:

1) to be with you-extreme

2) don't know what you got till it's gone-cinderella

3) almost paradise-ann from heart and mike reno

4) end of the road-boyz II men

5) angel eyes-jeff healy band

i will be returning to visit you :)

 
At 7:57 PM, July 29, 2005, Blogger grody jo-dee said...

my husband had to keep going, so here it is (the man is a warehouse of random musical facts)

6) the flame-cheap trick

7) when i look into your eyes-firehouse

8) tender love-force mds

9) eyes without a face-billy idol

10) love is on the way-saigon kick

now we'll stop, we promise :) ummmm, maybe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.