Monday, July 25, 2005

Problem. Crisis, if you will

Dear Undies,

Usually, I don't share many personal things. I consider myself to be very private. However, I feel the need to share with you a problem, a crisis, if you will.

Yesterday, I had my first intervention. My friends met with me and decided to intervene. There was a lot of yelling, cussing, denial and acceptance.

Then they started to talk to me about my problem.

I love Kelly Clarkson. I know, I know, its a horrible addiction. But let me just say it's not because of the first record (record?, sorry, I mean cassette). It was the second cassette that began my torrid love affair with the first American Idol.(Its a TV show, maybe you've heard of it)

I love the song Breakaway
Its from the Princess Diaries 2 Soundtrack. It's about a girl who is a princess but just wants to be herself. That's me. Except, I'm not a girl or a princess and I don't like myself too much. That's besides the point.

Here are some of the lyrics: "I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly, I'll do what it takes till I touch this guy" (or the sky, I can't tell) People, she wants to fly! Isn't that beautiful?

Another one of her songs: Since you been gone.

Lyrics(damn, how do I turn off Italics? ooookay here we go) : "Since you been gone, I can breathe for the first time" Obviously, she's talking about the asthma problem she had when she was a wee lad(can you say lad for a girl? Oh well)

And her latest hit: Behind these Hazel eyes

Lyrics: "Behind these hazel eyes" Its about her fear of Glaucoma.

Of course, I was so singing these songs during my intervention. They played loud rock music and tried to brainwash me (Air Supply). But I held on loving my hazeled eye princess.

But this intervention made me realize that I do have a problem, andthis realization was just in time. I almost rented from "Justin to Kelly" Whew! That would've been a train wreck and a half.


After the intervention, which was actually a bunch of my friends making fun of me until someone farted(not me), we went on to discuss other subjects such as, the effects of the greenhouse effect on greenhouses.

So, my fellow Americans and Canadian(Hi Dewey!) I had a rough weekend. How was yours? Let me know, if not let me know anyways.

Love, but love Kelly Clarkson more,





Undr

PS I think I will lay off the Kelly, its the first step to recovery... Is that Clay Aiken? Oh Noooooooo!

5 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Stick to Kelly she is much better eye candy than Clay!!

 
At 12:47 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Lori said...

I have to confess I have actually seen the movie from "Justin to Kelly" (it was on HBO and there was nothing else on).

 
At 6:11 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Carissa said...

I've considered netflixing K.Cla's movie just to see how bad it is.

Maybe that can be the same weekend I watch Gieli (or whatever the name of that J.Lo B.Aff movie was).

Carissa

 
At 7:35 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

carissa: Netflixing? I think I love you.

I have seen "From Justin to Kelly" and it was as bad as people say, BUT there is one song that they sing by some fountain or something and it was really, really good.

I listened to "breakaway" a lot while it was on the radio, didn't know who it was, but loved it. Then I found out it was Kelly, listened to it a couple more times, then vowed I wouldn't again.

THEN "since u been gone" came out, and...what can I say, it rocks. liked the video too. I downloaded it and put it in my itunes mix.

Haven't heard 'behind hazel eyes' But saw some video to some song where she's in a wedding dress. Was that the song? Don't remember.

But, Undr, If you loved Clay, THEN you would need an intervention.

I used to LOVE backstreet boys. But now...

 
At 11:01 PM, July 27, 2005, Blogger j2 said...

i heart kelly too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.