Friday, July 29, 2005

WHWLTW part 2 the sequel

Well, the week is over.

If you live anywhere but the north pole, you know that it's been hot as heck. Thus, it's time for our weekly segment of WHWLTW(for those of you just tuning in, this is an acronym for What Have We Learned This Week. (It's not as famous as YMCA, because the Village People would've destroyed their spinal chords trying to dance/sign that. )

So what did you learn this week?

What did I learn this week? Well, I'm glad you asked.

I learnt that when you name a kid, it's important to have some foresight. Let me splain. I went to an elementary school this week. As a boiled peanut salesman, I try to corner the 5-9 age bracket. They're consensus is the boiled peanuts are icky. D'oh.

Anywhoo, when in one of the classrooms, I saw a list of the new kids(aka terrorists) that will be attending. One name on the list hit me like a truck full of canadian bacon (Hi Dewey!)

Her name, now get this, is SHITERIA. No, I am not making this part up. Shiteria.

What were her parents thinking? As soon as I saw that name, I thought about 3, 450 jokes right of the bat. They have killed this kid. Bully's, Goons, Jocks, Nerds, School Faculty and even the Special Edders, will take advantage of this.
Poor stinky little Shiteria.

The only thing that might help, if there's a kid named Turdius, Dinglebert or Tuna Town McGee. (Hi Carissa!)

So, as a public service announcement, please, please name your kid a normal name. Like Delbert, Beulah or even Cornelius. Let's stop the insanity!

If not, I have one word for you Home School. At least only the parents and family can make fun of the child.

That being said, What did you learn this week? Nothing, then just make it up.

Undr(Shiteria's long lost Dad)

6 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, July 30, 2005, Blogger grody jo-dee said...

my husband's work used to keep a rolodex file on clients that had f-ed up names.

one of my personal faves (and completely true)-- Richard Watcher, and he said, "just call me Dick". p. had to hang up the phone and pretend they got disconnected, because he was shooting his coffee out his nose from the laughing.

 
At 12:01 PM, July 30, 2005, Blogger Carissa said...

Oh my god! Dick Watcher! Shiteria! That sounds like something you would have after eating too many of those fiber cookies.

What did I learn (not this week, but in a week of the past)?

Those ARE fiber cookies. I probably shouldn't have eaten six of them. Of course, someone should have labeled them.

Carissa

 
At 1:07 AM, August 01, 2005, Blogger Anna said...

Isn't home schooled two words? Just curious...

 
At 1:07 AM, August 01, 2005, Blogger Anna said...

Isn't home schooled two words? Just curious...

 
At 5:54 PM, August 02, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

Shiteria? So what's the nickname, Shitty? That name is just asking for trouble. I rememeber in HS my Spanish teacher, for some reason, had everyone rhyme their name with something. My name rhymes with NOTHING. I made something up and a few people made a big deal that my word didn't exist in the english language and all that. WHATEVER

Uh, was I ranting? Sorry.

But I'm a fan of normal names. Please, think of the children!

 
At 12:03 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger exMI said...

I don't know, I used to consider naming any children I had, male or female, Eustace. Just so I would never have to worry about senility or being put in a home. I would have to be alert because when I slowed down the little buggers would find me and finish me off in revenge....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.