Sunday, July 17, 2005

Why is the fat kid always it?

I was tagged by my friend at dust and sunshine.


Its about books. Please don't laugh when you read my list. If you do please do it behind my back.


Number of Books I own: circa 100

Last Book I Bought:The complete Peanuts 1950-54 by Charles M. Schulz
It’s a collector’s item. Had to have it.

Last Book I Read:"The last Juror" by John Grisham
Sorry, guilty pleasure.


Five Books That Mean A Lot To Me:

1. Of mice and men by john steinbeck
Story of two guys down on their luck. One a dumb giant, the other an ornery bastard. Held together by an unreachable goal. You’ve probably read it or have seen the movie so, I won’t go into it too much.

2. Native Son by Richard Wright
Racial inequality, accidental crime, all the makings of a great book.

3. To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee

For me, to try to write about this book would be an injustice. Read it and you will understand what I mean.

4. Catcher in the Rye by Salinger Teenage angst at its best.

5. A light in the attic by Shel Silverstein

Children’s Poetry. I’ve loved it since I was a kid. Just recently bought an old copy of this book from a thrift store.

I have read more and probably better ones but, eh! These are off the top of my head.

Thanks Jeanne um.. i mean, j2.

Read her blog along with the others in the linky links section.

Hmm.... I will tag gunngirl, linda, lori, jenn and dewey

7 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, July 17, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

Nothing to laugh at - sounds like u have good taste in books. Me, I've been reduced to reading trashy girly books cos they're the only thing suitable for reading on a train, i.e. I don't get so involved in them that I miss my stop & end up at the other side of town by accident.

B.t.w...Thx 4 the link!

 
At 4:48 PM, July 17, 2005, Blogger Lori said...

The last book I read was Spanish for Dummies and do you think I learned to speak spanish well let me tell you in spanish NO. LOL

 
At 7:26 PM, July 17, 2005, Blogger Carissa said...

Your list is great. To Kill a Mockingbird was definately number 6 on my list. What a great book! Most people who read it (ie high school students) really just don't understand its greatness.

Carissa

 
At 1:10 PM, July 18, 2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

I can not tell you how many books I own.� Way to many to count :)� I have books in the bedroom, bookshelf full, plus I have�� boxes in storage.� I like going to the library and browsing their books they put for sale for a quarter.� I have gotten several John Grisham books this way.� All hard back in great condition.

Last book I read was The Crush by Sandra Brown.

Last book I purchased was The Testament by John Grisham.

My 5 favorite books are:

1-Little Women-I have read this book several times.� I read it when I was a teen and fell in love with it.�

2-East of Eden by John Steinbeck-A master piece.�

3-Book of Dreams by Slyvia Browne-I am always having weird dreams and trying to figure them out.

4-Do not laugh it is a book-The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language-I am always looking up words to see what they mean.� Last word I looked up was onomatopoeia.

5-Harry Potter and the Sorceerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling-The Harry Potter books are books that the kids and I enjoy reading together.

 
At 4:07 PM, July 19, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

Whee, I'm tagged! This gives me something to post. Can I admit how lazy I was that I listened to To Kill a Mocking bird on tape? Yes it was good. Love the classics.

Never bought anything by Silverstein, but always read through the book in the bookstore.

Also loved Catcher in the Rye.

My love of books is immense.

 
At 11:14 PM, July 19, 2005, Blogger just a mom said...

Um...Er....Mr. Achiever sir...I completed my assignment. Can I go play now?

 
At 9:32 PM, July 23, 2005, Blogger dewey said...

Sorry sunshine, I don't play tag.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.