Saturday, August 13, 2005

Definitely not a sucky poem.

Dear Undies:
Okay it's 12am Sunday. I read this poem and thought: "Hey this is a nice poem" So I decided to share it with y'all(northern translation: yous) Enjoy. Tell me what you think and while you're at it, if theres a poem you like or a quote or even a dirty limmerick, just share it already. Don't be stingy.

The Saddest Poem
by Pablo Neruda

I can write the saddest poem of all tonight.
Write, for instance: "The night is full of stars,
and the stars, blue, shiver in the distance."
The night wind whirls in the sky and sings.
I can write the saddest poem of all tonight.
I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.
On nights like this, I held her in my arms.
I kissed her so many times under the infinite sky.
She loved me, sometimes I loved her.
How could I not have loved her large, still eyes?
I can write the saddest poem of all tonight.
To think I don't have her. To feel that I've lost her.
To hear the immense night, more immense without her.
And the poem falls to the soul as dew to grass.
What does it matter that my love couldn't keep her.
The night is full of stars and she is not with me.
That's all. Far away, someone sings.
Far away.My soul is lost without her.
As if to bring her near, my eyes search for her.
My heart searches for her and she is not with me.
The same night that whitens the same trees.
We, we who were, we are the same no longer.
I no longer love her, true, but how much I loved her.
My voice searched the wind to touch her ear.
Someone else's. She will be someone else's. As she once
belonged to my kisses.Her voice, her light body. Her infinite eyes.
I no longer love her, true, but perhaps I love her.
Love is so short and oblivion so long.
Because on nights like this I held her in my arms,
my soul is lost without her.
Although this may be the last pain she causes me,
and this may be the last poem I write for her.
Love,
Undr
PS Hey I am getting soft! Let me spit, burp, scratch and cuss. Ok. I'm back to my normal self again.

7 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, August 14, 2005, Blogger grody jo-dee said...

here's another poem that doesn't suck...

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,

Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths

Of night and the light and the half-light,

I would spread the cloths under you feet:

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

I have spread my dreams under your feet.

Tread softly because you tread upon my dreams.

--W.B. Yeats

 
At 1:22 AM, August 14, 2005, Blogger PINKSandROSES said...

just don't cry. when you cry your stop being manly.

 
At 10:51 AM, August 14, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Dear Dee-JO

That is an awesome poem. Thanks.

Pinky Rosy,

I don't cr..*sniff*, ahem, cr.. Waaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

Undr(Manly but girly)

 
At 12:15 PM, August 14, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

OMG someone pass the Kleenex! (sniff)

 
At 3:01 PM, August 14, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

Yes, so sad. And I'm a sucker for romance. And am I incredibly geeky for only having heard of Pablo Neruda when Joey mentioned him on Dawson's Creek?

uh-oh, maybe that was TMI.

 
At 3:52 PM, August 14, 2005, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said...

Anyone need a tissue?

 
At 7:20 AM, August 15, 2005, Blogger annush said...

Pablo Neruda is the best. I have posted some of his poems on my blog but I leave them in Spanish. I don't care if nobody understands them. My personal favorite is "farewell". So beautiful!

YOu have a great blog. I like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.