Monday, August 08, 2005

Poetry that sucks

Here is a poem.


Layers
Painted layers of cynicism
Hardened hidden insecurities
The strokes of brush that may have hurt you
Was suffering all that necessary?

You choke on chemicals that hurt you
And all the solvents seem abrasive
And all you want is to discover
Someone to chip way at your sadness

It is the fumes that steal your judgment
And in your frame you feel protected
With painted smiles, your eyes announcing
The innocence that was rejected

Admirers may come to see you
Gaze upon your wondrous splendor
Ropes that will impede their passage
They wander away tired cinders

You simply are but paint and canvas
A simple delicate, mosaic
A puzzle no one will decipher
An inspiration of all love lyrics.
Thanks for allowing me to waste your time. Please check out the linky links. You will notice that I have new ones. (psst. They are threatening me with bodily harm if you don't read their blogs. So, please check them out. I'm a bleeder.)
Love,
UNdr(Shakespeare I ain't, heck I ain't even Tupac)
PS If you want to know what I was thinking or taking while I wrote this crap let me know. Remember, please feel free to send me poems, haikus, jokes, limmericks or anything else. I appreciate your comments. By the way stay tuned for Blog Confessions.(ooooh, I'm such a tease)

10 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, August 09, 2005, Blogger andyspeak said...

Fun Blog..really!

 
At 1:59 AM, August 09, 2005, Blogger just a mom said...

It must have been the eye lash in my eye.....Made me cry......

~ Jenn

 
At 7:06 AM, August 09, 2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Were you having a side order of crack with your fried chicken?? Seriously Under,
you write so beautiful. Linda

 
At 12:41 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said...

oooh..Undr, what a tease you are.

 
At 12:54 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger grody jo-dee said...

there once was a lover named undr,

whose poor heart was torn all asunder.

she just didn't care,

just wasn't aware,

of her incredible edible blunder.

 
At 4:02 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

Great poem Undr!
I'd write my own here but my poetry skills are limited to the "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue" variety.

b.t.w. I just caught up on the last week's worth of ur blog & have reached the conclusion that you might be ever so slightly insane. But in a good way of course! Ooh... inspiration:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You're mad in the head
But talented too!

LOL ;-)

 
At 8:30 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

I liked the 'painted smiles' and 'the innocence that was rejected.' and the last two blocks.

But I'm a creative writer, I know nothing about poetry. But me liked.

Watch out, your soft side is showing! (oh, and I like teasers [wink])

 
At 9:55 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger No-L said...

Hey Undr,

Did you see this? Do you think it will be like Pet Cemetary?


Definitly going to have nightmares tonight,
No-L

 
At 12:06 AM, August 10, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Dear Peeps:
thanks for your comments,poems insults and such. I love it.

Undr("I don't want to be buried in a Pet Cementary" The Ramones) Dedicated to NO-Ly

 
At 12:57 AM, August 11, 2005, Blogger just a mom said...

OK, so what were you thinking when you wrote this???

~jenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.