Sunday, September 18, 2005

All gussied up...

Dear Undies:

"I know it's late, I know you're weary, I know your plans don't include me...."

I just got back from the Fabulous Fox Theatre in Atlanta. I saw the Phantom of the Opera. (yes I know I was the only person left in the world and other intergalatic solar systems that had yet to see this stinkin' play.) I thought it was great. If you don't remember the play, let me give you a synopsis. It's about this Phantom Guy and he's in this Opera. Oh yeah and a bunch of stuff happens and people sing. Ah yes, good times, good times. I haven't been to the TheeAter for a while. Last time was my second grade play. It was about a forest and some other stuff. I wasn't in the actual play. I was just a stagehand. My teacher/director said I couldn't play a believable shrub. Jerk.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I got all gussied up for the play. I originally intended to wear my sky blue ruffled tuxedo but the moths got to it. Therefore I decided to wear this get-up:







Now, I'm sure you're thinking, "ewww gross" but under that tie and suit and girdle is a powerhouse of a man. Don't be fooled by the apparent flab, there is muscles in them thar man-boobs. Normally, I would not pick an orangey ensemble but I decided what the Heck if Osh Kosh B'gosh makes 'em; then by golly I'll wear 'em. I'm so glad Osh Kosh has a husky section now. It'll be so sweet when Fat Gap opens in 2007. Sweet, I tell you!

Actually the point of my post should be here somewhere. If you find it let me know.

Love and all that mushy stuff,


undR(The apparel worn by our host was furnished by Dickeys, the Goodwill Selection)

PS does this match? Not that it matters NOW. (And Shippy, just say it! "MOCHEESEMO")

13 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, September 18, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

Wow, Undr, all that and a snappy dresser too!?
Coincidentally, I watched the Phantom of the Opera on DVD last night. Love those tragic romances!

 
At 11:41 AM, September 18, 2005, Blogger grody jo-dee said...

i love p.o.t.o.! if you're ever in new york, you should see it there--really great.

i give you style stars for your matching skills. all those garanimals must have really helped as a kid.

 
At 3:01 PM, September 18, 2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

WOW!! Nice tie!!
You look very sauve and sophiscated all gussied up.

 
At 6:29 PM, September 18, 2005, Blogger Jen-Nae said...

Looking good Undr.
I've seen Phantom twice, Im a geek.

 
At 8:37 PM, September 18, 2005, Blogger shipkicker said...

i too, had never seen phantom of the opera. that is until the movie came out. i went to see it, not sure what i was expecting, but did you know they sing thru the WHOLE THING? i wish someone would have warned me. i could've saved myself twelve bucks. oh and undi, i would never call you mocheesemo. never. well, not to your face at least.

 
At 8:44 PM, September 18, 2005, Blogger Lori said...

WOW!! Very Snazzie and Funkalicous!!

 
At 9:02 PM, September 18, 2005, Blogger just a mom said...

Dang! You should have warned me! I have been without my husband for 3 months....I am not sure I can handle looking at sharp dressed men at this juncture in my life..... ;)
I saw Phantom in London, and it was FAB! Hope you enjoyed it!

 
At 12:02 AM, September 19, 2005, Blogger No-L said...

Like the tie! Did you go on a date?

 
At 1:04 PM, September 19, 2005, Blogger anika said...

Yes! It matches and it looks great.

 
At 7:09 PM, September 19, 2005, Blogger Janie said...

on a scale of one to ten... YOU are an eleven!

 
At 7:33 PM, September 19, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

Whoo hoo! *cat calls* *Whistle* Rrowww!

Hubba Hubba! :) Did you have a date?

 
At 12:02 AM, September 20, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Dear Undies:

You guys are sweet, and apparently blind. That's ok a compliment is a compliment. So thank you very much.

Did I have a Date?
of course, all my cardboard cut-outs were there. I almost got to second base.

Undr(Can't get P.O.T.O songs outta my head)

PPS: I was stylin' and profilin'

 
At 5:39 PM, September 20, 2005, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said...

I STILL haven't seen Phantom. I'm a loser.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.