Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Coldplay Concert... wanna come with?

Dear Undies:

Well, in a few hours I will be attending the Coldplay concert. I wanted to say that if I could I would take all of you with me, but I am not allowed. I am, of course, taking all my bloggy blog girls cardboard cut-outs.

One song that I truly like from the X&Y CD is "Till Kingdom Come"(hidden Track). I read somewhere, or someone told me or it might have been a dream, that this song was originally written for Johnny Cash(Juany Efectivo...in spanish) Unfortunately, Mr. Cash passed away and he was never able to record it. The funny thing about it is, first time I heard this song I thought; "this sounds like it could be a Johnny Cash song." Psychic or Psycho? You decide.

Here are the lyrics.

Til Kingdom Come

Steal my heart and hold my tongue.
I feel my time, my time has come.
Let me in, unlock the door.
I've never felt this way before.



The wheels just keep on turning,
The drummer begins to drum,
I don't know which way I'm going,
I don't know which way I've come.



Hold my hand inside your hands,
I need someone who understands.
I need someone, someone who hears,
For you, I've waited all these years.


For you, I'd wait 'til kingdom come.
Until my day, my day is done.
And say you'll come, and set me free,
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me.


In your tears and in your blood,
In your fire and in your flood,
I hear you laugh, I heard you say,
"I wouldn't change a single thing."


The wheels just keep on turning,
The drummers begin to drum,
I don't know which way I'm going,
I don't know what I've become.



For you, I'd wait 'til kingdom come,
Until my days, my days are done.
Say you'll come and set me free,


Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me.
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me.
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me.



Love,


Undr

PS Thanks for your suggestions on the appropriate attire for the show. ummmm.... I think? Love ya, mean it.

10 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, September 28, 2005, Blogger Lori said...

I am speaking on Lindas behalf please seat her cardboard cut out in the front row please so she doesnt drool all over everybody.

 
At 6:44 PM, September 28, 2005, Blogger anika said...

Ooooh I'm so excited that the cardboard-cutout-alter-ego of me is going!

 
At 6:56 PM, September 28, 2005, Blogger Jen-Nae said...

I absolutly love that song Undr! Thanks for writing out the lyrics, its such a romatic song.

 
At 8:52 PM, September 28, 2005, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said...

Are you wearing leather pants?

 
At 3:59 AM, September 29, 2005, Blogger DelBoy said...

Are we getting a pic of you with the girls before your 'date'?

 
At 7:46 AM, September 29, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

Yay! My cardboard cutout alter-ego is going to see Coldplay!!! I'm so happy!

Yes, please Mr Undr, we wanna see a pic of u in ur Coldplay duds.

 
At 10:59 AM, September 29, 2005, Blogger ramblin' girl said...

How was the show? They were great at ACL last weekend, but stopped early. Made me sad, could listen to them for hours... thanks for taking the cardboard cut-out, at least she'll get to hear a bit more!

 
At 1:12 PM, September 29, 2005, Blogger anika said...

how was it how was it how was it how was it how was it how was it?

 
At 2:19 PM, September 29, 2005, Blogger lulu said...

Undr- how was the show?! They were in St. Louis two weeks ago and I was in the fifth row CENTER...got some awesome, awesome pics!

 
At 5:13 PM, September 29, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

I know the show was great. After all, it was coldplay. Did all the cardboard cutouts get a seat, or were we all propped against the wall somewhere. Yes, it is possible to stand a cutout in a chair.

lulu- Lucky you! *jealous grumble* ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.