Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Soundtrack

Preview:

Announcer in a deep raspy voice:

In a world...(cut! I said "in a deep raspy voice!!! Start over!)

In a world where nothing is what it seems, there is a man who rises above the rest. Some call him The Terminator. Others refer to him as Die Hard. And some may even say he is a Lord of the Rings. Unfortunately, this movie is not about this man.

Dun dun dun.




The World According to Undr the movie
Directed by Undr A. Chiever
Starring Brad Pittowski
Angelina Jolienstein(femme Fatale. Which is french for fatal fem, whatever the heck that means.)
and introducing: Gerry the one-eyed Gerbil as Brownie


It's about Undr!!!! The biggest underachiever since the single cell organism that clings to the sludge on the bottom of the goop that lives under your fridge. That's Right! It's time someone told his story. It's time someone told the truth. It's time someone shut me up.

So run or just hobble over to your nearest movie theatre/colonic health spa and watch this romantic/western/urban/teen/cheeleader/musical/soft-core anime/german health film about a boy and his dog. Only his dog was not available for the film, so a one-eyed Gerbil will play the part of Brownie.


Coming soon to a theatre near a carwash near a crackhouse near you.



Dear Undies:

It's time for the soundtrack to the aforementioned movie. I never fathomed that I would use the word "fathomed" in a sentence and how difficult it is to choose an appropriate soundtrack for my movie.

here goes:

The world according to Undr the Movie soundtrack:

Me and Julio down by the school yard- Simon & Garfunkel (reminds me of when I played on the streets in the Bronx and will play during my opening credits.)

Mrs. Robinson-Simon & Garfunkel

Piano man-Billy Joel (hey I was born in the 70's so sue me)

Take on me-AHA

Hey Jude-The Beatles

Eleanor Rigby-The Beatles

Mr. Telephone Man-New Edition (aww prepubescent love)

Teenage Dirtbag-Wheatus (it's a cool song)

In the air tonight-Phil Collins(who can resist the air drums with this song? NO ONE!)

It takes two-Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock("I like the whopper so *bleep* the Big Mac")

Creep-Radiohead

She talks to Angels-Black Crowes

Jealous again-Black Crowes

Seeing things-Black Crowes

High and dry -Radiohead

Numb-Linkin Park

Hey Jealousy-Gin Blossoms (.."we can ride around this town and let the cops chase us around..")
Good-Better than Ezra(break-up special)

Linger-Cranberries

Zombie-Cranberries

Everlong-Foo fighters( one of the greatest rock love songs)

Times like these-Foo Fighters

Far Behind-Candlebox

Black-Pearl Jam(great background song for my many heartbreaks)

Elderly Woman....-Pearl Jam

Wishlist-Pearl Jam( i wish I was the pedal brake that you depended on, I wish I was the verb "to trust" and never let you down)

Pictures of You-the Cure

Let her cry-Hootie and the Blowfish (this song makes me sad. It reminds me of the year I spent in New York while a girlfriend o' mine was down in Florida. Long distance relationships suck!!!! Never worked out by the way.)

Say it ain't so-Weezer(reminds me of dealing with my dad's alcholism. He's been sober for over a decade now!!!Yay Pop!)

Dont you (forget about me)-Simple minds(Breakfast club song. It's awesome)

'Round here-Counting Crows(great sad song)

Girls-Beastie Boys

Intergalatic-Beastie Boys("I like my sugar with coffee and cream.." )

Don't speak-No Doubt ( another break up special)

Island in the Sun-Weezer(Happy beach song)

A Praise Chorus-Jimmy Eat World (Another happy song)

Living by the moment-Lifehouse ( i lok it ahlot)

Dammit-Blink 182 (Great Break up song..."Well I guess this is growing up...")

Adam's Song-Blink 182(Depressing)

That I would be Good-Alanis Morrisette

Satellite-Dave Matthews Band

Punk Rock Girl-Dead Milkmen("You're for me punk rock girl...")

All I want is you -U2

One-U2

Sometimes You can't make it on your own-U2

With or without you-u2(so I like U2. What's it to you?)

I'll remember you-Skid Row

Wanted dead or alive-Bon Jovi(Hi GGG05)

Closing time-Semisonic(will play in my funeral scene)

I'm not ok(I promise)-My chemical Romance

Walk on the Ocean-Toad the Wet Sprocket

In your eyes-Peter Gabriel(Wasn't "Say Anything" a great movie?)

View to a kill-Duran Duran

The Promise-When in Rome ("I'm sorry but I'm just thinking of the right words to say..." )

Every breath you take-the Police

Strange Condition-Pete Yorn

Cumbersome-seven mary three

Send the pain below-Chevelle

Outside-Staind("I'm on the outside I'm looking in, I can see through you I see your true colors.."

Don't go away-Oasis

Don't look back in anger-Oasis

Wonderwall-Oasis

Hands Down-Dashboard Confessional(great song after an awesome date!)

Screaming infidelities-Dashboard Confessional (being cheated on sucks!!!)

Hint of Sharp new tears-Dashboard Confessional(this song is for the times I took the long way home to think)

Flake-Jack Johnson ( "it seems to me that maybe, pretty much always means no.." Hi Rambilina)

She has no time-Keane

Everybody's changing-Keane

Can't Stop now-Keane

Message-Coldplay ("my song is love is love unknown so I got to get my message home..")

Fix you-coldplay

The scientist-Coldplay(this song will play when the credits roll)

Ok I got to stop now because this is just disc 1. What do you think of the soundtrack? Surprised? Nostalgic? Queazy? Most of these songs remind me of people, places and feelings.

Would you like to add a few more to the list? Go 'head.

love,

Undr(nostalgic or obsessive compulsive? You decide.)

PS I linked some lyrics. I tried to do them all, but a boys gotta live, you know.

10 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Awesome sound track! I can not wait till disc 2 :)
Love, Linda

 
At 2:38 AM, September 23, 2005, Blogger grody jo-dee said...

you are my hero, because now i know that someone else can admit to loving new edition.

candy girl, you are my worrrld...you look so sweet; you're a special treat.

 
At 8:50 AM, September 23, 2005, Blogger Lori said...

I LUV the soundtrack some of my fav songs are on there. On a side note I met seven mary three when they released their cd and they autographed my cd for me.

 
At 1:16 PM, September 23, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

Phew, that's one loooong movie :-)
I love U2 too. Gonna have to follow some links to catch up on some of the others though.
Seems I'm a music pleb.

 
At 1:23 PM, September 23, 2005, Blogger anika said...

I love it. I would buy it. I am especially swooning about the U2 songs and Fix You by Coldplay.

 
At 6:58 PM, September 23, 2005, Blogger Jen-Nae said...

Dude! Awesome list..seriously, I loved it. I cant even mention how many of those songs mean something to me because there are so many and it would take forever. I feel like I know you just a little bit after seeing your song choices.

 
At 7:04 PM, September 23, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

Simon and Garfunkle? I'll forgive you for including Duran, Duran, Candlebox, Bon Jovi, Radiohead, No Doubt and Pearl Jam.

Especially "Black" by Pearl Jam, thought I was the only one who feels moved by that song.

 
At 6:44 PM, September 29, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

Oh, and must add great pick "Outside" Staind, I loved that song, just didn't know the name of it. Excellent pick. Staind is great when you're angst ridden.

 
At 9:12 AM, October 03, 2005, Blogger Carissa said...

What a great soundtrack!

A lot of those songs remind me of people I've known, especially Simon & Garfunkel and Weezer songs.

Is that weird?

Carissa

 
At 4:31 AM, April 17, 2017, Blogger Unknown said...

When you are sad do you do? Try listening to music, listen to songs with lyrics, or quality videos to feel the emotions of the song. Listening to the hottest and hottest songs:
>> https://songlyricsaz.mobi/take-my-place-lyrics-16764.html
>> https://songlyricsaz.mobi/insincerely-yours-lyrics-16763.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.