Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Daughters

Dear Undies:

This is for those "dads" who are giving their little girls a hard time.

John Mayer
Daughters


I know a girl
She puts the color inside of my world
But she’s just like a maze
Where all of the walls all continually change

And I’ve done all I can
To stand on her steps with my heart in my hands
Now I’m starting to see
Maybe it’s got nothing to do with me

Fathers, be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers, be good to your daughters too


Oh, you see that skin?
It’s the same she’s been standin’ in
Since the day she saw him walking away
Now she’s left, Cleanin’ up the mess he made


So fathers, be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers, be good to your daughters too


Boys, you can break
You’ll find out how much they can take
Boys will be strongAnd
boys soldier on
But boys would be gone without warmth from
A woman’s good, good heart


On behalf of every man
Looking out for every girl
You are the god and the weight of her world


So fathers, be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers


So mothers, be good to your daughters too
So mothers, be good to your daughters too
So mothers, be good to your daughters too

This song has been brought to you by....


Charlie Brown
You are Charlie Brown!


Which Peanuts Character are You?

brought to you by Quizilla
Love and junk,



Undrpoo


PS Let me know which Peanut Character you be. Love ya, mean it!

18 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Lori said...

Another great song!
I left my results of the quiz on my blog for you.

 
At 11:29 AM, October 18, 2005, Blogger ramblin' girl said...

apparently I'm Marcie...

there is so much more to me than meets the eye! I'm intelligent, sarcastic and practical. I'm a loyal friend through thick and thin...

I'd say it's not far off... thanks fo the quiz.

 
At 11:32 AM, October 18, 2005, Blogger cherish said...

I am Snoopy, bark bark... I LOVE this song and it is so true. Daddys lend so much to who girls become. It is a shame most of us just had sperm donors instead of Daddys; that never realized what an effect it has on their daughters to be neglected.

 
At 12:53 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger anika said...

I love you, Undr. Have I told you that lately?

 
At 1:26 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

Apparently I am Franklin:
"You're one of the gang and you're always there when you're needed, but you don't mind going your own way and doing your own thing."

Lovely words. Not the Franklin stuff, silly!!

 
At 2:56 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

I'm Sally and, surprisenly I can't disagree. It pretty much describes me.

Oh, and I first heard that song on "Gilmore Girls" It's okay. But fathers still suck.

*hug* to Undr.

 
At 4:09 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

yay!!! I'm snoopy.

the life of the party and more complex than people realize.

as i cry all day becuaes they didn't promote me at work yet promoted the guy i've been fighting for. Hmm...the quite one gets promoted, the brilliant yet loud one didn't. there's a lesson here somewhere...

fuckers.

can i swear on your site?

 
At 6:45 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger j2 said...

not a big fan of john mayer but can't deny that this song has made me cry more than once as i listen to it on the radio. my dad is a shitty father, so i feel the pain.

 
At 6:50 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger j2 said...

oh yeah, and i'm marcie

isn't she peppermint pattie's lesbian lover?

 
At 7:09 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Gareth said...

Well I am Franklin too. Snap Terri.

 
At 8:21 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger dewey said...

You n' I are both incapable of lightening up, apparently. I'm Charlie Brown too.

 
At 8:46 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Jen-Nae said...

Hey Undr, great song choice. I think its a good one, especially for Anika.
P.S. Im Woodstock

 
At 11:19 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Lorilor: I'll be sure to check it out!

Rambilina: It hit the head on the nail..erm you know what I mean.

Cherishy: 'Sperm Donor' Parenting just ain't right.

Anika: It's only been 4 days 3 hours 21 minutes and 2 seconds since the last time(but who's counting?) I lubby lub you too.

Terrini: lovely words indeed Franklin

Gunny: *Hug* back at ya!

Tanyita: There is no muthaf&**in swearing in this F#$%in' Blog. Just kidding. saywatchalike!

J2: Marcie Rules!

Garef: Hey! no snapping amongst the commenters! LOL Frankie!

Dewey: Charlie Browns UNITE!

Jen-nae-nae! Thanks Woodstock!

 
At 7:50 AM, October 19, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

I can't listen to that song without tearing up. I was one of the lucky ones that had a dad...unfortunately he died 5 years ago.

Undr - you and I seem to be the same person - I am Charlie Brown and I was the same star wars character a few weeks back. The things that make you go hmmm...

 
At 8:56 AM, October 19, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

lizzy:
maybe we are the same person. Like Michael and Latoya

 
At 1:38 PM, October 19, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

I liked this quiz. I can't help if Undr tweaked the results. Hmm, he is a Charlie Brown fan. Ironic isn't it? (hee, just kidding)

I'm still happy my results. Pretty accurate if I do say so myself.

 
At 10:09 PM, October 19, 2005, Blogger shipkicker said...

i got schroeder. makes sense to me.

 
At 2:01 PM, October 20, 2005, Blogger glomgold said...

WTF? Schroeder? C'mon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.