Sunday, November 06, 2005

Deep thoughts by you know who....me.

Note: I appreciate your participation in this past weeks WHWLTW? There are still seats available. So please feel free to let me know, if not make it up. The prize this week is a styrofoam cup tea cup set. Complete with a styrofoam cup that acts as a teapot. ooooh! Didn't know there was a prize, now did you. -U.

Dear Undies:

What do you value most in a relationship?

That was the question to last weeks deep thoughts. You all gave splendid answers and I totally agree with them all.

I especially appreciated how most of you talked about trust. It is so necessary. I mean if you can't trust your blow-up doll, who can you trust? *sigh*

Anyways, my answer, if you want to know, is this one:

The quality I value most in a relationship is compassion. Don't get me wrong. I want and need the trust, the comfort, the great sex and the money. But, when I say compassion, I mean that the woman must show compassion, be caring towards others. To me, there is nothing like a woman who wants to help others. Not so much in the big things, like organize another "Hands Across America", but in the little things. Like buying groceries for an old person. Comforting a crying child. Lending an empathetic ear and holding a hand that needs to be held. It makes me feel good to love and care for someone like this.

Does this make any sense? Probably not, so let me just stick with sex.

Love,

Undr

PS Here is this week's question: What is your most treasured memory?

It was that time when I did that thing with that person. Oh yeah, it was great.

Just kidding.

I have a bunch, but I haven't had time to sift through all of them. One particular one involved a time when I was really happy. My parents were divorced for a year and they decided to get back together and remarry. It was weird. Actually, I didn't want this to happen. They fought a lot All.The. Time.

Nevertheless, they remarried. The arguments continued, but there seemed to be a lingering sense of hope that it might just work out.

For example, one day, we were eating crabs. Imagine this: 2 adults and 3 children (10, 7, a 2 month-old) in a one bedroom apartment in the South Bronx eating crab. My dad was in the city and he bought a small crate of live crabs. Mom and Dad boiled them up and we got the table ready. There were newspapers covering the table, lemons, butter, the crab-crackin'-thingy and other crab-eating paraphernalia. We were all laughing it up, and for that brief moment, I forgot that my family had problems. We had such a good time.

They have been together for 31 years(minus 1 for the divorce. They don't count it.)
Those two crazy kids might just be ok.


Love,

Undr

PS let me know the answer to your question. Put it on your blog or just leave it in the comments section. Either way, if you let me know, I will mail you the Unabridged Complete Collection of Dom Delouise's Belly Button Lint. It's in a nice conmemorative Keds shoebox. Hey! That one looks like Elvis. Uh-huh-huh!

PPS Hi Rambiliny! I'm working on my wishlist, if you must know.


PPS I forgot Love ya, mean it. For shame!

(edit)
Triple PS with a booties and a bib: I couldn't help but steal a picture of Grody Jodee's little munchkin.


He is too cute. Lets send our love to the Grodster for producing such a itty bitty baby. Oh yeah, congrats to her Husband, Bubba. He may have had something to do with it. And my advice to the loving couple is: Hey! Cut it out you two! Much love, Uncle Undr

10 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, November 06, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

First, thanks Undr, for sharing. I appreciate the personal notes. You're not a robot. No, I'm just kidding. You know I love you.

Now, does this memory have to be from childhood? I don't know, but that's where I'm going. When I was a kid I used to watch Samurai Sunday with my mom, just me and her, for like 4 hours of karate movies. It was great.

Another one was I used to get up on Saturday or Sunday's and watch like 5 hours of The Brady Bunch. I'd make my own breakfast and sit in the kitchen watching TV alone. No one else in my house appreciated The Brady Bunch as much as me.

 
At 7:36 AM, November 07, 2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

My memory is a sad one but it is one of my greatest and valued memories. I was moving from Saint Louis on the day my mom went to the hospital for some tests. That morning she told me she loved me and will miss me and my oldest. She told me that she wants to be a grandma again and for me to have a daughter this time. I left and went back to packing. As we was gettin ready to leave the apartment with truck all packed up and everything. My aunt comes by and tells me there was a problem. 3 days later we had to make the decision to take her off life support or let her continue to be on it. We decided to let her go. She would not want to be that away. After the funeral and I was back home is when I found out I was pregnat with my second son. She knew but I didnt. It wasnt till my 3rd pregnacy that I had her granddaughter. But they told me my second was a girl at first. So my memory is sad but it is a treasured one. much luv, Lindy-Lin

 
At 11:37 AM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Ben O. said...

I agree with the whole compassion thing - why is it sexy when a woman helps others? Strange, huh?

I love the song Wishlist - Where did Pearl Jam go anyway?

Ben O.

 
At 2:02 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Hi Undr...my maaaan!

my most treasured memory. Damn! too many to list. cozumel, seattle times, sneaking out of the house and not getting caught...working with animals, buying groceries for an old person. oh wait...i didn't do that one. but it did sound nice...

 
At 2:39 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Gareth said...

My most treasured memory would have to be ... reading this post. Um nope that's not it, um reading your last post, still dope, I mean nope. Um ... oh I have it now ... holding my little bro in my arms a few hours after he was born and then giving him back to my mum. Geesh he was an ugly kid, no j/k.
I'm going to link you because you are just that damn good. I'm off to do it now ...

 
At 3:09 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger ramblin' girl said...

my most treasured memory is definitely skiing with my brothers and sister when we were little kids... luckily that continues, and we all hit the slopes together on occassion, still.

and stop implying that I'm demanding... I'm sure others want to hear your wishlist as well... ;~)

 
At 3:11 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said...

My favorite memory from childhood: Feeding the neighborood stray dog rotten bologna out the kitchen window so my mom couldn't see. Then again she taught us all she knows...LOL.

 
At 4:20 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

That's a nice memory you have there, Undr.
Mine? Hmm, how to choose...
Well I think mine may be very recent - how about when my Mom, my 2 sisters and I all travelled from different corners of the world to meet up for 4 days in Paris for my Mom's 60th birthday?
That was truly special.

 
At 12:41 AM, November 08, 2005, Blogger j2 said...

i think i love you.

 
At 7:06 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

I thought that picture was one of those marzipan babies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.