Thursday, November 10, 2005

Difficult decision

Dear Undies:

There comes a time when a man has to step up to the plate* and do the right thing. And that man is me.

Let me be honest, this is probably one of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make. But to quote my father "Yeah, this is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you. But I assure you one thing, you will be the one crying"

Literally, I have spent hours up at night trying to find the way to tell you. Therefore, I implore that you realize that this decision was not made with haste. It took me at least ten minutes tops.

At the same token, I am very aware that some of you will be angry. And most of you will be downright pissed. Which makes this decision all the more harder.

But at the end of the day if I don't do it, I will not be able to live with myself. Please understand that this is something I. Must. Do.

Therefore, I will tell you in the same fashion I pull off a band-aid. Slowly and carelessly.

My fellow Undies, I have taken it upon myself to retire Lifehouse’s “You and Me”

(Pause for effect or for a sandwich. Make mine with wheat!)


I know, I know, it is a beautifully written song. But enough already. I mean 97 percent of the Radio Stations play it, sometimes simultaneously. Even the R&B stations have an “Extended Club Remix” of this song. "YO-YO you and me and all of the peeps, yo"

Heck, I think they even played it on the Christian station( called 93.1 The Judger. Whose motto is: “it’s the Devil’s music with a little bit of guilt and love. But mostly guilt.")

So for those of you who don't know this song or it hasn't melted into every crevice of your memory, here be the lyrics:

You And Me


What day is it? And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time

Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words
You've got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here

Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

There's something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything she does is beautiful
Everything she does is right

Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you
and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

What day is it?
And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive



And with a tear, I give it a heart-felt goodbye.

Of course, you can bring it back for an emergency, like a wedding or for a graduation dance or for a rite of passage when you become a man by eating a churro or even one of those days when you want to think of me.

But for the good of all that is... um... good, just let it go. *sniff* I promised myself I wouldn't cry. It was a pinky-promise too.


Remember, if you love something set it free, if it comes back, call the cops.

Love,

Undr

PS please send Hate mail to NotJoecheese. He is my hate mail advisor and also my human shield. Just kidding Joey! (*whisper* no-i-am-not) Love ya, mean it!


PS Please check out the linky-links. Now those are real bloggers. Thank you.
*sorry for the basketball reference.

16 Comments:

At 3:27 AM, November 10, 2005, Blogger j2 said...

okay, iam drunk and i can't focus on the lyrics, but i want you to know undi, i.almost.died.

i thought you were retiring form posting.

i seriously held my breathe for like...almost the whole post*.


*the rest of my life.

 
At 6:07 AM, November 10, 2005, Blogger cherish said...

WOW j2 I am sober and your post is almost word for word what I was going to write. I was holding my breath. I am happy it is only the song you are retiring!!!!!!!!! It is a great song but definitely overplayed.

Hugsss and Smmoooochesss,
Cherishy

 
At 7:35 AM, November 10, 2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

I am glad someone is retiring the song!! Yeah I luv it but enough is enough. I hear it atleast twice an hour on the stations here. It is a shame that stations constantly over play songs and people get sick of hearing them. Climbing down off soap box it is to early to be ranting LOL
mucho luvo, Lindy-Lin

p.s. had to be revived with kisses from Shawnna cause me thoughts you was retiring too.

 
At 8:23 AM, November 10, 2005, Blogger Shannon said...

LOL that was gonna be my next posted song! So I guess i should pass on that idea huh? I could sing it out loud one last time? It is a great song, but I agree it is over played.

 
At 8:32 AM, November 10, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

THANK GOD! Good song the first 1,000,000 times I heard it...then it just got old. I started reading the lyrics and had to stop because I began singing the song. Now, I fear that I will have it in my head all day. If I do I will have to kill myself...Undr, you will have my blood on your hands!

I hope you can live with yourself for that.

Have a great day - *Smiles*

(i won't kill myself over a song. you have nothing to worry about Undr.)

 
At 12:34 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger Gareth said...

Undie (may I call you underwear, if you have a problem with this seek professional advice) I have never heard this song before but I keep hearing my blogging budgies, I mean buddies talking about it so I am going to go to a place now that I rarely visit ... my quiet place. It is a place I go to when I want to think about the important things in life such as this song. And if I can't figure out life's little traumas I will avail myself of the little ledge and the sheer drop on the other side of it. I may kill myself or I may hobble home, but one thing is for sure I WILL not rest until I have heard that song. So please do not retire it to Room 101 just yet. I need time to gather my thoughts together and come up with some money to buy the CD. Thankyou for your patience.

GT signing out and over the ledge.

 
At 12:39 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger Ben O. said...

Never been into Lifehouse, but I certainly feel your pain. Letting go of an old friend can cause some serious emotions to come to the surface.

We'll keep you in our prayers today . . . don't stray over too close to the edge of the building. Just to be sure.

Ben O.

 
At 2:20 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger j2 said...

i have never heard this song before. but, i think i have mentioned this before, i was madly in love with their song "hanging by a moment". still am actually.

 
At 7:02 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger muse-in-training said...

I don't even think it should be able to come out of retirement for weddings and the like. It would be like the Michael Jordan of songs, and let's be honest, how many of us groaned and said "not again!" when he announced he was coming out of retirement the second time...

 
At 7:04 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

I always felt weird singing,"this clock never felt so alive"
Whatever.
I hate that line.

 
At 10:13 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger Lori said...

I am sooooooooooooooooo glad that song is retiring.

 
At 10:38 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger notjoecheese said...

Undr, here's the latest update on your hatemail:
-112 messages from angry teenage girls who all called you a "looser"
-15 messages from various radio stations asking you for ideas on how to fill 22 hours of air time
-3 messages from "Irene" who wants her Miss Piggy toothbrush back
-and 1 message from an irate sea captain, requesting you to turn on the lighthouse again.

 
At 11:23 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Dear J2: Wow, sorry I didn't mean to scare you. You don't know what that means to me, though. thanks.

Cherishy: You too? sorry. Of course, as an american/canadian/Canary Islander, I saw it necessary to take this song down for the good of the team. I'm glad you understand.

Lindy: Go 'head and rant, that's what I'm here for. That and my cute butt...or not. sorry to have scurred you too.

Shannony: Post it, but remember you must face the consequences. It will stick to your brain. Only to be pryed by the soothing sounds of the Spice Girls. Girl Power!

Lizzie: If you kill yourself, I will kill you. huh? Sorry. I just wanted to say: "What day is it? and In what month, this clock never seemed so alive"... hahahaha! I'm eeeevil! Love ya!

Garethy: It's Mister Underwear to you, bucko! Go ahead and listen but please be sure to review previous warning given the Shannony. Annnd... Don't jump(reverse psychology..uh I think that's how it works.) You da man!

BenOreo: Ledge? What Led...aaaah!

J2-y: Consider that "Hanging by a moment", yours. I asked the Lifehouse guys and they said I can give it to you. Actually, I beat them up. Them and LFO.("I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch"..POW!)

Musey: Thanks for your comment. Your check is in the mail. As far as the retirement thing: I know it should be retired 4ever but you know how I'm such a softy. Maybe you didn't know that, but now you do.

Sadielicious: It is a very poetic line. It refers to his paranoia due to excessive ganja usage. You little Cheeky Monkey, you.


Lorilai: I am soooo glad you approve.

The Cheese, Not Joe:
Thank you. You are an excellent administrative assistant. But you didn't have to wear that skirt. Although, I must say, nice legs dude. Do you moisturize?

Now in response to the hate mail:
112 angry teenagers: You're MOMMA!

15 Radiostations: Umm don't you guys have the Macarena extended remix somewhere?

Irene: That is my toothbrush. I found it in the dumpster first!

Capt' Irate-o: Clap on, Clap off, the Clapper.. Oh sorry, You have a hook for a hand. My Bad!

Love,
UNdr

PS Thanks for playing along. You guys are dope! Which is Bad, meaning good. Love ya, mean it!

 
At 12:15 AM, November 11, 2005, Blogger Phats said...

I love lifehouse! I am just dropping in to say hi, saw you quote ralph wiggum on another blog, and well I am a ralph fanatic haha :) Nice blog.

 
At 12:35 AM, November 11, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Phatsy:

thanks for visiting. Ralph Wiggum is the best.

other quotes: "hi Super Nintendo Chalmers."

aaand..

"It tastes like burning"

 
At 1:34 PM, November 11, 2005, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

My nickname in school was Sadielicious!
*surprised face*
How cool are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.