Monday, November 14, 2005

Ok where was I?

Dear Undies:

Let me start off by saying "Boingy"...Boingy! Thank you. I would like to thank all of your nice thoughts about my "Abuelos" that is Spanish for either Monkey Eating Buffaloes or Grandparents. (Same Difference)

You know, I don't like to get all personal on this blogulation, but what the hay!

On Friday I drove 8 hours American(10 hours Canadian) to Orlando FL. I had it all figured out. I was going to take my CD case and play the music I loved in my Enterprise Rent-A-Crap. I had at least 3 CD's and a "How To Speak Pig Latin in 10 days" cassette tape. I was packed and ready to go. About 30 minutes into my trip, I realized that the Stupid Rental car HAD.NO.FRIGGIN.CD PLAYER. AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!


Now, I did rent the top-of-the-line-subcompact- subspecies- no-friggin-frills-barely-had-doors-or-an-engine-for-that-matter-golf-cart-impersonator. You would think, it would've had a CD for crimeny's sake, but it didn't. So I decided to listen to the many radio stations that both the state of Georgia and Florida had to offer. Only to be bombarded by, you guessed it, the Lifehouse song: "You and Me". I guess they didn't receive the memo. Oh well, whatayougonnado?

I arrived on Friday evening in Kissimmee, Fl.(Motto: I wish I was Orlando.) I went straight to the hospital to see my grandfather. Poor old guy. He underwent triple bypass surgery and he was a hurtin'. My grandma was there too. She had an adverse reaction to some medication and and her memory is now shot. Almost like Alzheimers, but the doctors say it isn't.

Anyway, when, I saw my grandparents there in the hospital, for the first time, I realized they were old. It was weird. I had always known my grandparents as strong hard working people, and now to see them this way, I couldn't help but feel a little bit sad. They, actually, began to look their age.(Grandpa is 78 and Grandma 82. She was such a cradle robber)

Now, If you know me, like I know you do because you read the mail-order groom brochure, is that I joke around. And now I know where I get it from. My stinkin' family. The biggest inheritance I'm getting from these wackos is their sense of humor.

You see, everyone was joking around. Even Grandma cracked a few jokes about grandpa. It was too cute. To tell you the truth, it was nice to see the family pull together in this time of crisis.

As far as grandpa is concerned, he is doing fine. He'll be released tomorrow and my aunts and uncles will take turns taking care of both of them until grandpa heals.

After spending some of Friday night and most of Saturday at the hospital, I went to Outback steakhouse and had the New York Strip Steak with vegetables. I am so healthy conscience when I'm eating a slab of meat. After that I got to my aunt's house at 12:30 am and at 3:30am on Sunday, I got up and drove home. Only stopping for a bathroom break and to eat a little somethin-somethin.
It was a rough 8 hours. But I made it, much to your chagrin. Ha-ha

Just in case you wanted to know, I counted the amount of times I heard, "You and Me"....23 times in 16 hours. I couldn't buh-lieve it! Sheesh!

It's like my grandma always said, "If you don't like soup, they give you two bowls." I don't know what that means but then again, I don't think she did either.

Thanks again for wasting your time reading this malarky.


Love,

Undr

PS deep thought question of the week: For what in your life do you feel most grateful? Let me know. If not, make it up. love ya, mean it!

Double PS with stawberry sugar-free jell-o: Check out the linky-links. Because I said so that's why!

11 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, November 14, 2005, Blogger Lori said...

I will say a prayer for your grandparents, glad you made it back safely. PS: I am grateful for what I have and my family and friends.

 
At 8:53 AM, November 14, 2005, Blogger Gareth said...

I'm glad your gparents are doing well and cracking jokes. Well one of them is at least and the other one is just taking it. Probably what actually happens in your gparents house for real haha.
Dude it took you 30 minutes before you realised there was no CD player, the words slow and snail come to mind, lol.
Oh and the donuts thing ... you said if I hadn't learnt anything this week I was just to make it up, so I did :-)

 
At 10:34 AM, November 14, 2005, Blogger cherish said...

NO CD Player whats up wif dat? I thought all cars had Cd players geessh.....

Well I am happy your grandparents are doing better. I am thinking of you and keeping them in my prayers.

Sorry they did not get the memo about Lighthouse I forgot to forward it, to all radio stations. But I sent it out first thing this morning!!!

Huggss and much love,
Cherishy

 
At 10:50 AM, November 14, 2005, Blogger High Desert Diva said...

Great blog! I love your 100 lists too :D

...but SUGAR-FREE strawberry Jell-O?! eeeeew! :P

 
At 1:06 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

Glad u made it back in 1 piece and glad ur grandparents are doin ok, Undr!
I am grateful for... my hubby, who seems to love me anyway :-)

 
At 5:35 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

Haven't heard You and Me lately except for in my itunes. I still love that song.

So, I'm grateful for my Mommy. I remember seeing this mother and daughter in a little eatery on my way home and the mother was like Mommy Dearest. She was rough. From the clips of conversations I got the girl had dropped out of school (HS I presume) and mom wasn't happy.

She cursed and fought with that girl and I remember we all got on the bus together, a crowded bus, and the mom was still raging, though she was a bit quiet about it, but she held the girls collar tightly and was in her face and cursing, the girl just sat there taking it teary eyed. When I saw my ma I was so grateful for her being the way she is.

Also, glad to see your grand-parents getting better. Joking always means better. Nice to hear some of your personal thoughts. My grandma is 100 and I missed her party for the job I quit only a couple weeks later. I regret it now. Oh well.

Sorry for the long post! :)

 
At 7:17 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger notjoecheese said...

Glad to hear about your grandpa's recovery and I hope your grandma's memory returns to better help her mock her husband. Your post made me e-mail my grandma, who still understands computers (along with music, sports, kung fu, etc.) better than I do. I guess I'm grateful that she's still razor sharp.

 
At 8:00 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger shipkicker said...

ahh undi,
glad your trip brought you many safe and happy returns...sans cd player. as for the thing i am most grateful for?? it has to be my ability to skate by with the least amount of effort possible and some how still manage to just pay my bills. most of the time. yah right.

 
At 8:28 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger Jen-Nae said...

You are a good grandson...I bet you make them proud. Its hard when your loved ones get older but it is for sure great that families can pull together and make the best of hard times. Sorry to hear about the CD player, that would make me cry.

 
At 11:11 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger ramblin' girl said...

glad you got to go see your grandparents.
I'm most thankful for my family, particularly my grandma... treasure every minute you have with them!

 
At 10:33 AM, November 16, 2005, Anonymous Mary Matalin Gisher said...

"for the first time, I realized they were old. It was weird. I had always known my grandparents as strong hard working people, and now to see them this way, I couldn't help but feel a little bit sad. They, actually, began to look their age.(Grandpa is 78 and Grandma 82."

i had this same weird feeling, about five years ago, with my parents(i was a late comer in their lives). My dad is 81 and my mom is 78. both are still with us. both struggling with their health.

Road trips are the best tools to clear anyone's mind. God I love them. I'm glad to hear your's went well. I have to have my music on the road. I did a trek from the northeast to British Columbia recently. (God's country)Everyone should go there at least once.
Keep up the great work and welcome aboard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.