Wednesday, November 16, 2005

OOH OOH Teacher Pick me Pick me!

editors note: I have replied to some of your comments on my previous posts. I know I am a little late, but you know, being in prison and all. I am trying not to be Blog snob. Stop Looking at me like that Sadie! So go back and read my comments about your comments about my post about..well you get the picture. Thank you. May the schwartz be witcha!

Dear Undies:

I asked, no begged, to do this assignment from a resident teacher here at the corner. She is a beautiful teacher named Missuz J.

In her words, this is what this is.

"This as an assignment I gave my students that I did along with them. You start out with some listing—family memories, fears, triumphs, likes, loves, etc. Then, create a kind of a personal “found poem,” beginning each line with the phrase "I am from.'"


I am from...


I am from happy moments of solitude.
I am from listening to music in my car
I am from being complacent and sometimes not.
I am from Bronx summers and Orlando winters.
I am from times of when things seemed hopeless.
I am from 89 cents a gallon gas and a ten dollar full tank.
I am from clowning around and laughing my butt off.
I am from Romper Room, Sesame Street and Mr. Roger's neighborhood.
I am from NYC public school systems.
I am from Catholic Schools until 4th grade
I am from writing poems on napkins and receipts.
I am from stealing a kiss behind your house.
I am from dying to hold your hand and spend forever looking in your eyes.
I am from Yankee Stadium upsets.
I am from disappointed parents.
I am from Parents who loved me despite the disappointments.
I am from love letters I will never send
I am from getting lost in music
I am from loving your art
I am from arguments and deep conversations
I am from being a nerdy class clown
I am from Blogolia
I am from doing the right thing, even when I don't want to
I am from wanting to tell you so much and regretting not doing so
I am from stickball in the street
I am from Now and Laters and Sugar daddies
I am from trying to make you smile

The end...or is it?


There ya go! This is where I be from. Howsa bout you? If you'd like to do this let me know, if not... ah Just Do it already!

Love,

Undr

PS I am from many more "places" but I know you have to eat. Love ya, mean it!

Double PS with an apple for the teacher: Thanks for your comments and your secret conspiracy theory messages. and don't forget to check out the linky-links, because they are watching. THEY. ARE. WATCHING.

19 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, November 16, 2005, Blogger shipkicker said...

undi you always make me smile. i heart you with all my heart.

 
At 10:58 AM, November 16, 2005, Anonymous mary matalin gisher said...

i am from bloom county
i am from Rubens and his age
i am from the dark side of the moon
i am from a series of unfortunate events

 
At 3:59 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

I am from hot African summers
I am from cold Irish winters
I am from a family who lost their father too soon
I am from friends like no other
I am from a husband who loves me anyway

Ooh, Undie, u always make me think about stuff!
Thanks :-)

 
At 5:55 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Missuz J said...

A++++++

Mind if I show this to my kids (students)? I like to show them that all the stuff I make them do really isn't just to fill up space and time.

 
At 7:04 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i am from maine
i am pure game
i am sick with the flu
i am so crazily in love with you

see? I'm sick.

 
At 7:18 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Shippy,

No you make me smile. I heart that you heart me with all your heart.

Mary Gisher:

Bloom County is awesome! I'm from there too. Go OPUS!

Terri:

You are the greatest!

Missuzj:

Um Ma'am thank you for my grade. It's ok to show your students. It might lead them to a life of crime. Either way I'll be a role model. Thank you. Do I get a gold star sticker? ooh ooh and a happy face sticker?

Tanyita:

Sorry to hear you're sick.
Not sorry to hear that you love me. Even if it is just the drugs talking. eh I'll take it.

love,

Undr(I think I'm getting sick again)

PS SHE IS NOT A CHRISTIIIAAAAAN!

 
At 7:25 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

I am trying not to be Blog snob. Stop Looking at me like that Sadie!

Hey! Did you read my blog snob post or sumptin'? You crazy kid. Now I'm gonna go back and see if you responded to my comments--since you suggested it.
I love that "I am from" thing...too cool. I might have to try it before I leave on vacation.
Cool Beans.

 
At 7:43 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Sadielini:

I did read it. Please try the assignment. It makes you have supple skin.

Undr(huh?)

PS Cool Beans!

 
At 7:59 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger cherish said...

Very witty!!

I truly enjoy your blog immensely!

Huggss,
Cherishy

 
At 8:08 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Jen-Nae said...

I love your "I am from" poem...its a really good way to get to know some more about you.

 
At 8:37 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger j2 said...

i saw that on j's blog awhile back, i have been working on mine. i'll post it one day soon. i don't have too much more to go.

"THEY ARE OF THE DARK SIIIIIDE!"

-jeanne beanie

 
At 9:47 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Chianca At Large said...

I am from Jersey
Are you from Jersey?
What exit?

I think I did this wrong

 
At 10:47 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger j2 said...

all my family's from NJ. currently 149 GSP.

 
At 1:00 AM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Cherishy:

aww shucks. You are too good to me.

Jenniqua:

Yeah, now you can confirm I am a moron. he-he.

j2: you better. I will wait here until you do. ....I'm waiting!

Chianca:

I lived in Jersey once. Right across the GW bridge. I was 4.

thanks for stopping by, your Eminece.

j2

enough chatting! go do your "I am from" assignment! NOW young lady!

love,

Undr

 
At 1:58 AM, November 17, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

I LOVE it Undr, i love it! *hug* It made my insides all warm like. LOL Sometimes we think alike. Okay, here's my mini version:

I am from Seasme Street, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood and Reading Rainbow
I am from the greatest mother ever
I am from Judy Bloom and Choose Your Own Adventure
I am from writing in my head
I am from withheld feelings
I am from believing better things can happen

love you Undr :)

 
At 6:55 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger notjoecheese said...

I am from -40 degree winters. (Celsius, I'm not sure what that is in Farenheit.)
I am from discovering Kids in the Hall at age nine.
I am from meat eating in a family of vegetarians.
I am from Mars. Women are from Venus.

 
At 7:04 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

gunny:

I loved reading rainbow. and eletric company!

aww Isa loves ya too.

Not Joe:

Kids in the hall rules! "these are the daves, i know, i know. these are the daves I know."

Hey! No love from you, Joey? Sheesh! All I've done for you!

Undr(not in a gay way, in a prison way.)

 
At 10:37 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger notjoecheese said...

Yeah alright, I guess you did shank Billy the Snitch after he stole my She-Ra nightlight. Here goes... I nub you Undr. Hey! That wasn't so hard! I feel the dam breaking, emotions I've never felt before, seeping in, causing me to sing, dance, yodel... aaand the meth just wore off.

 
At 10:53 AM, November 18, 2005, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

supple.
That has to be the sexiest word, eh?
it's like a cross between nipple and supper. Which leaves a lot to the imagination...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.