Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Songs in my widdle head

aaaaah! I'm afraid of heights! But I can't stop smiling
Dear Undies:
Here is an oldie but a moldy. This song makes me feel all mushy and gushy inside. Sorta like bad mayonnaise. Well, I hope you enjoy these lyrics. I dedicate it to you. Not you! Yeah, you.


Dashboard Confessional Lyrics

Living In Your Letters



I'm always assuming the worst,
but you're going on none the less
& there's nothing to cushion your heart led fall.
Letters from further away
keep pulling me close to home.
And there's something to cushion my callous sighs.
And I know that you hope for
longer good-byes
embracing for forever
and falling in your eyes.

Pouring over photographs.
I'm living in your letters.
Breathe deeply from this envelope
it smells like you & I can't be
without that scent. It's filling me
with all you mean to me.

Continually failing these trials
but you stand by me nonetheless
& you won't let me sink
though I'm beggin you. (I'm beggin you)
Phone calls from further away
& messages on my machine,
but I don't ever tell you this distance
seems terrible.


There is no need to test my heart,
with useless space.
These roads go on forever
And there'll always be a place
For you in my heart

So I'll hit the pavement
it's gotta be better than waiting
& pushing you far away
cause I'm scared.
So I'll take my chances
& head on my way up there.
Cause turning to you is like falling in love when you're ten.
Love,
Undr
PS Thanks for showing me your talents. They were both disturbing and traumatizing. My talents include but are not limited to: Not drinking coffee, hating life, writing crappy stuff not worthy of abandoned bathroom stalls, running like a girl, and smelling like raw potatoes.
My last meal has yet to be decided. I'm stuck between a "liver and onions" pop-tart and a cous-cous double cheeseburger supreme. Eh! I'll tell ya later. like you care! Love ya mean it!

11 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger j2 said...

hmm. i don't know dashboard confessional, have heard of him but don't know his stuff. the lyrics to this song make me a bit sentimental and melancholy.

 
At 7:36 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Beautiful song Undr!

 
At 11:00 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Shannon said...

Very beautiful song, gotta love how music brings you back to certain moments in your life, there is always a song out there that describes how you feel!I just love music, as you can tell=)

 
At 12:08 PM, November 23, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

I don't listen to dashboard confessional either, but there were several lines I really liked.

Though he sounds very intense--but I like intense, so it's all good.

And if I don't blog you tommorow Undr, happy thanksgiving!

 
At 2:14 PM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

I'd go with the liver & onion pop-tart if I were you. Which I'm not, of course, which means I get to keep my 'serial killer meal' instead, lol!

 
At 2:49 PM, November 23, 2005, Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

Very nice song, I actually never heard of them till I heard of "Vindicated"...but when you hear a song then read the words, sometimes the song takes on a whole new meaning !

 
At 3:39 PM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Dear...

j2:
It makes me feel the same way.

Lindy:
Thanks.

Shannon:
I know it. I love music too.

gunny:
Intense is right. I call this "razor to the wrist" music.

Terri:

Beautiful serial killers rock!

Supery:
I love Vindicated. He wrote it after seeing the Spiderman 2 film. all the imagery in this reflect the feeling of the movie.

Undr

PS thank you for your comments. Isa preciate it!

 
At 9:06 PM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Jen-Nae said...

we heart you Undr

 
At 10:09 PM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Ashley said...

I wuv u Undr.

 
At 10:51 PM, November 23, 2005, Blogger cherish said...

Love ya MEAN it!!

To plagiarize a very kewl blogger!!!

Smooches,
Cherishy

 
At 11:08 PM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

Dear Jen, Ash, and Cher:


aww shuckity shucks.

undr(blushing and loving ya too.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.