Monday, December 05, 2005

Whatif...Deep thoughts

Dear Undies:
It seems like years since I last wrote you. It's Monday and you know what that means. No, it does not mean it's time to have a naked potato sack race. It means its time for another Deep Thoughts. Last week's question was What is your relationship deal breaker?" I was impressed with all of your answers. And by impressed I mean aroused.


Anyways, my relationship deal breaker is simple. I can't be with someone who is selfish and arrogant. That's it. Oh yeah, and I am not keen on being stabbed, at least not on weekdays.


But that's just me.


This weeks question has to do with this Shel Silverstein poem. Read on.


Whatif

Last night, while I lay thinking here,
Some Whatifs crawled inside my ear
And pranced and partied all night long
And sang their same old Whatif song:
Whatif I'm dumb in school?
Whatif they've closed the swimming pool?
Whatif I get beat up?
Whatif there's poison in my cup?
Whatif I start to cry?
Whatif I get sick and die?
Whatif I flunk that test?
Whatif green hair grows on my chest?
Whatif nobody likes me?
Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me?
Whatif I don't grow taller?
Whatif my head starts getting smaller?
Whatif the fish won't bite?
Whatif the wind tears up my kite?
Whatif they start a war?
Whatif my parents get divorced?
Whatif the bus is late?
Whatif my teeth don't grow in straight?
Whatif I tear my pants?
Whatif I never learn to dance?
Everything seems swell, and then
The nighttime Whatifs strike again!

- Shel Silverstein
So, this weeks deep probe into your thoughts is What do you worry about? Yeah, what are the "Whatif's that crawl into your ear?" Let me know, if not make it up!

love,
Undr


PS Thanks for your participation in WHWLTW? I will be sending you a life-size poster of Brownie violating Toughy. It just ain't right. Love ya, mean it!


Double PS with 30 candles: You know that over the weekend, our friend from Down Under (Ireland) Gareth turned 30. I know y'all want to send him gifts. But as his self proclaimed gift checker, please forward all gifts to me and I will make sure he gets all of them. He wants an Xbox 360 and tons of cash. Of course, I will keep the cool stuff and I'll just send him my holey socks. Thanks!

12 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger ramblin' girl said...

those pesky little whatifs...

whatif the pain never goes away?
whatif no boy ever comes to stay?
whatif I'm supposed to make the call?
whatif tomorrow the axe does fall?
whatif I'm wrong and he is right?
whatif I can't get some sleep tonight?

 
At 7:28 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

whatif I was left alone what would I do?
whatif I stayed?
whatif I said something wrong?
whatif I made the wrong choice for my kids?
whatif my laughter faided away forever?

p.s.
I had Gareth's present all boxed up but I guess I will fwd it to you now. Enjoy(I mean check it over good) the Xbox360, movies, case of honey mustard pretzels and beer :)

mucho luvo, Lindy-Lin

 
At 10:17 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Shannon said...

LMAO what a good friend you are to Gareth!

I worry about everything and anything, the list is endless.. I worry about my kids, my marriage, bills, war, holiday stress, health,death, and so on... I know it is pointless to worry because nothing will change if you worry or if you don't worry it will just give you a killer zit but we are human and it's in our nature... but don't you worry about a thing Undie! =)

 
At 11:08 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

I worry about Shannon worrying so much !

BTW - It's so nice of you to offer to be Gareth's gift ambassador!!..there is a special place for you...ummmm..somewhere !!

;)

 
At 12:33 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Whatif I send my children outside to play and it's the last time I see them?


--yeah, the world is THAT scary.
:(

 
At 3:06 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Shannon said...

LMAO @ SPY...glad someone worries about me haha.. but now I am worrying about you, worrying about me .. ahhhh it's endless.. do you see? =)

 
At 3:42 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i think it was wc fields said something like 98% of the things he worries about never happens.

that's true and therefore makes me afraid to not worry.

i worry about growing old and still not finding my 'music'

 
At 3:51 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

I worry about everything.
But right now I'm not worried about anything so I'm not gonna go down that road right now if you don't mind. So instead I'll make something up:

Whatif the sky falls on my head?
Whatif Undr stops blogging?
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH!
I can't go any further!

 
At 3:58 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger No-L said...

What if? What if? What if? My hubby has a joke about me that he always says when I'm over thinking everything. He says "What if the car burst into flames?" He says it because it's one of the most unlikely things that could happen. He always tells me when I'm about at my wits end in worry. It gives me perspective and grounds me again. So for all you worriers out there like me... "What if the car burst into flames?"

 
At 4:20 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

I loved that Ramblin' Girl!

My worries are as follows:


Whatif I can't pay my bills?
Whatif something happens and I get ill?
Whatif I never find my beloved?
Whatif my wedding day never comes?
Whatif my mom goes away forever?
Whatif a good job I never find?
Whatif Paris I never see?
Whatif a mother I will never be?

 
At 4:41 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2005 said...

Whatif we all wised up and got involved?

 
At 12:29 AM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Ben O. said...

Worries, huh?

Well, the whole "Will people like me" thing is pretty big.

There's always "Will the car slide off the road into the icy ditch today?"

Thanks alot for making me think about. Now I'm all worried again.

:)

Ben O.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.