Friday, December 09, 2005

WHWLTW? This is a long one, you may have to ask for a few days off.


This weeks WHWLTW? is sponsored by the ASPCA so please spay and neuter your gold fish and then feed it to your pot bellied pig. Thank you.



Now back to our regularly scheduled program.



"What Have We Learned This Week?" is an ongoing segment here at the Underachiever’s Corner Slaughterhouse and Tanning Salon. You may be wondering how this works, well, Tater I’ll tell ya.

I tell you what I learned and if you like, you tell me what you learned. Any Questions? No? Good!


This is what I learned this week:

1. It's been really cold here on my side of town and I learned that my long-johns don't work.(These are Thermal underwears if you didn't know, which is mandatory attire in Canada From November to the Second Tuesday in July.) Well, they didn't work until...

2. ...I learned that you, actually, have to wear pants over your long-johns. No wonder people were staring at me. (I especially like the convenient crotch pocket. I keep my checkbook and my marshmallows there!)

3. Grapefruits can disguise themselves like mandarin oranges. Great detective work Anika! uhh I mean special agent Double-O-Ani!


4. This post made me cry. Thanks Shari. (That's where I got Tater from)

5. I am an acquired taste. Sorta like escargot, grits and a toilet brush.

Seriously, Sadie is one of my good bloggity-blog friends and by that I mean she won't let me near her children. Anyways, I was surprised she gave this dumpy ol' blog a shout-out.

This is what she said: "This is Underachiever's blog. This is probably an aquired taste. In fact, I'm quite sure of it. This author reminds me SOOO much of a friend I had in highschool. These posts sound like me and my friend's sense of humor back-in-the-day, except with better substance and smarter. I love the way the posts are like mini journal entries or letters to his fans. It's a good dose of humor, pop culture and poop."

So, first off, I would like to thank her profusely for the shout-out, I definitely don't deserve her kindness. Secondly, I would like to show her my appreciation by singing a song I wrote for her while sitting on the toilet. (lid closed, sicko!)

here it goes:

ahem...me, me, meeeee!



Sa-die, Sa-die

Sa-die, Sa-die

Sa-die, Sadie,

Saaaay-haaaay-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(x375 times)

(Kazoo solo)


(Air ukelele solo)


Sa-die, Sa-die

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY-HEEEEEEEEEY-DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

cha-cha-cha

Athankyo! And thanks again to you Sadielicious, you da' man in a feminine way!

6. And lastly, I learned that there is evidence that the larger the testicles the smaller the brain and miami vice-versa. This explains a lot! (Thanks Terri, for the laughs and the insecurities.)


Well, my fellow Blogolians, this is what I learned this week. What did you learn? Let me know if not make it up. Even if you've learned nuthin', just stop by and say hello! I'll be here in the corner with my very large brain.


Love,

Undr(wee-todd-did)

PS Thanks for reading my nonsense. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Please be safe and don't forget to read up on the linky-links. They are so much better than this. Love ya, mean it!



Comment of the week: Comes from ramblin' girl.

"those pesky little whatifs...

whatif the pain never goes away?
whatif no boy ever comes to stay?
whatif I'm supposed to make the call?
whatif tomorrow the axe does fall?
whatif I'm wrong and he is right?
whatif I can't get some sleep tonight?"

Quote of the week: "I love penguins. They are sooo cute." Credit Linda Beading gal and Hurricane Katrina Beater upper.

****EDIT****12/10/05 12:23am


Chuck Norris Post of the Week: The Chuck Norris Biography by NotJoeCheese. (This boy ain't right.)

20 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, December 09, 2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

AAWWW Underoo Quote of the week!! I am honored :)

This is what I learned this week. When applying NAIR to your under arm DO NOT hold the bottle with the cap off. Let me explain I am standing in front of the mirror with one arm up so I can apply the NAIR in the hand in which I am holding up I have the NAIR bottle upside down with the cap off! It will drip down into your head of hair!!
Mucho Luvo Lindy-Lin
Thanks bunches for giving me quote of the week! :)

 
At 12:11 PM, December 09, 2005, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Oh wow. Oh goodness. I'm overcome with emotion right now! I never knew you thought of me that way. (by "that way" I mean how one thinks about Pop Tarts). Thank you so much for my song. I didn't have anything to post about today and now, well...*sniff* I'm gonna post your song.
...and you are an aquired taste like pudding and wine is an aquired taste--normal people just don't get it.

 
At 1:15 PM, December 09, 2005, Blogger Gareth said...

I learnt that if it ain't broke don't fix it and if it is broke it's just a waste of time fixing it. I am referring to my arm when I was trying to prove to someone that is would bend that way!
And I get your sense of humour, it's just your blog that I don't get, hahaha :-P

 
At 4:08 PM, December 09, 2005, Blogger ramblin' girl said...

I got the comment of the week! Woohoo!!

this week I learned that:
* patience does pay off (if you wear Undr down enough with comments, eventually he'll give you a shout-out... hee, hee)
* hard work also pays off (bonus time, yeah!)
* sometimes what's good for you can be a little uncomfortable at first

I'm sure there's more, but can't remember right now...
Happy weekend, Undr!

 
At 4:09 PM, December 09, 2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

I learned that it does pay to get up, go out into the snow and get things done rather than stay toasty warm in your house in your Monkey Pajamas..you know, 'cause it easier and much more convenient.

*hugs*

 
At 6:16 PM, December 09, 2005, Blogger Shari said...

I learned that I am not the only crybaby on the face of this planet.

I learned that you can never say or type "Tater" without smiling.

Love ya Under!

 
At 12:19 AM, December 10, 2005, Blogger Morris said...

I learned to ask first if a girl is a cop or not.

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

 
At 1:21 AM, December 10, 2005, Blogger Shannon said...

Undie...
I learned everything by watching you! lol

I got nothing... I hope I learn something soon!

XOXO
Shannono

 
At 1:41 AM, December 10, 2005, Blogger Stellastoria said...

I learned that, tragically, my dog's namesake and icon of my childhood Mr. Miyagi (or rather, the guy that played Mr. Miyagi can't remember his name at the moment) passed away sometime this year. I'm not even being facetious... this really upset me.

PS . Thanks for playing the googly xmas list game with me even though you posted it yourself LAST WEEK when I wasn't paying attention. There are things that happen that make me realize that, in fact, my head is 89% in outer space about 75% of the time. Tanks for humoring me :-D

 
At 10:33 AM, December 10, 2005, Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

I learned that no matter how hard I try, I just can't bite off my own nose to spite my face !!

 
At 11:23 AM, December 10, 2005, Blogger Terri said...

I learned that when you got 2 adults and 3 teenagers living together in a 2-bedroom apartment, the honeymoon phase will pass really quickly...
I also learned that my hubby is very, very good at handling kids, no matter what age they are.
Yes, there is definitely a post brewing here ;-)

 
At 1:55 PM, December 10, 2005, Blogger notjoecheese said...

I learned that if you can manage to put up with your roommate's crap, day in and day out for two years, then he will eventually buy you a PSP for Christmas. Now I finally have something to do at work.

 
At 8:20 PM, December 10, 2005, Blogger High Desert Diva said...

I learned that Undr is not only a talented poet, but he's also an incredible songwriter! :D

 
At 7:48 AM, December 11, 2005, Blogger annush said...

I didn't really learn anything...

OH WELL!!

HiYa! and Have a good weekend :)

 
At 3:11 PM, December 11, 2005, Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2005 said...

" I learned that when you got 2 adults and 3 teenagers living together in a 2-bedroom apartment, the honeymoon phase will pass really quickly..."

try really loud stereo, with music they can't stand

 
At 4:54 AM, December 12, 2005, Blogger cherish said...

I have learned that money isnt everything sanity is much more important.

I have learned the joy and true meaning of Christmas is lost to shopping, hustle bustle, finding the right gift, decorating, and stress, stress and more stress. oh yeah happiness if finding a parking space in the same zipcode of where you are shopping.

I have learned to start my Christmas shopping much sooner than December 11, 2005.

I have learned that people's nasty moods are contagious.

I have learned that Undr is such a cutie pie awesome guy!!!

 
At 4:55 AM, December 12, 2005, Blogger cherish said...

PS: Thank you for the link to Shari's story!!! It was great!

 
At 2:12 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

I so look forward to reading your posts...I ALWAYS laugh outloud. My co-workers are beginning to wonder.

Thanks for sharing your humor with us!

 
At 8:34 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Ashley said...

I learned that most domestic "grocery store" beers are disgusting. I tried Miller Light, Coors Light, and Bud Light, and they were all awful.
I know I might be a bit of a wine snob, but seriously, how do you people drink that stuff???
Sums it up for me.
Maybe next week will be better.
Ashley (still gagging)

 
At 9:50 AM, June 10, 2011, Anonymous High Stakes Online Poker said...

What amusing topic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.