Saturday, February 18, 2006

WHWLTW You thought it would go away? Shame on you!

Dear Undies:

This week's WHWLTW is a direct result of mixing Gummy worms with Alcohol. It just ain't right. For the newbies who don't know much about the Underachiever's Corner, WHWLTW is an acronym for What Have We Learned This Week. It's like the WNBA but not as weird.

If you'd like to participate the rules are as follows:

I tell you what I learned this week and you tell me what you've learned.

Therefore, let me tell you what I learned this week.

I learned...



1. ...Dewey is 21 for the tenth year in a row sometime this month. Which means she is allowed to drink alcohol in the United States...again. Hooray! Of course, in Canada the drinking age is two weeks before you're actually born. So if you don't mind stop by and visit one of Canada's treasures, her name is Dewey.

[This is where her picture would be if I had permission to use it. Sure I probably could have just stolen it, but I kinda value my life. Besides most of her pictures are pasted on my Blog Stalking Collage Wall down in my basement as is yours.]

2. ...Thanks to Shari I have found another great website that's awesome, but that I have no time to look at. It's the Found Magazine site. I hope they find my love letter to Leif Garret before he gets it. Why? Because he is such a druggy and I don't happen to like men. At. All. Well, maybe after a few drinks...and dinner definitely dinner.


3. ...that if I had to put 6 things in a time capsule it would be this: (For Gunny)

1) I-pod

2) Coldplay CD's

3) Lotsa Candy i.e. Now and Later's; Jolly Ranchers, Riesens, Sugar Daddies...

4) A copy of Shel Silverstein's book, Where the Sidewalk Ends.

5) My journal.

6) A list of all the people that I love and that make me smile.

Most of these things are useless to future generations, but because I want my head frozen until they find a cure for what killed me, I may need these things later.


4. This song makes me want to dance or something like it, "A Praise Chorus" by Jimmy Eat World. Crimson and Clover, over and over.... Grody jo-dee loves this song too. Just like she loved her famous Cheddar Cheese and Ice cream in Pickle juice Soup while she was pregnant. Mmm mmm good!


5. Rolling Stone Magazine announced that Chris Martin from Coldplay was voted the Music World's Ugliest man. To which I say, what about Melissa Etheridge? Now that's an ugly guy, if I ever saw one.

BTW Fantasia was voted the Ugliest Woman. To which I say...wait...no she is ugly...carry on.


I believe that's all I learned. How about you, if not make it up.

love,

Undr


PS Thanks for stopping by and reading this malarky. By the way Tini, it was true. Love ya, mean it!

12 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, February 18, 2006, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

I learnt this week I have a secret pal, who sent me the cutest ecard of a huge chocolate bar! yumm yumm

I also learnt I miss ya A LOT when your busy!!!!!

I learnt you make me smile, want to eat sugar daddies and listen to Cold Play all day!!

Have a great weekend!!
mucho luvo Lindy-Lin

 
At 4:20 PM, February 18, 2006, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Chris Martin isn't THAT ugly--Gwenth Paltrow wakes up next to him so how bad can it be?. The guy from Three Doors Down is much uglier. Fantasia is pretty nasty. Poor gal.

 
At 4:32 PM, February 18, 2006, Blogger Lori said...

I learned never phunk with your template and if you do its best to have your own personal geek squad on hand (sis).

 
At 4:47 PM, February 18, 2006, Blogger Tina said...

Ohh love your time capsule stuff - luv chewy candy of all kinds! and Coldplay and well I'll stop cuz I'm sounding like your stalker haha ;)

I learnt that I still procrastinate like a mofo - or is it that I'm lazy - stay tuned next week lol

 
At 5:06 PM, February 18, 2006, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Hey Undr I gotta go for now but wanted to tell you HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!
smooooches and huggiez
Lindy-Lin

word verification:zvdwbg
translation: zeeee very wonderful beading gal :)

 
At 7:29 PM, February 18, 2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

Okay, Fantasia isn't that great, but I've seen much uglier women. I just can't think of one right now.

Chris Martin is not that ugly. What about some of the guys from the 80's? Man, I can't even think of any examples right now. What about the guy that sang the song "Who can it be now?"

I LOVE your time capsule contributions, especially the I-pod and the poetry book.

I learned that I'm not just sick of school, I'm really, really sick of school. :)

Oh, I also learned that I can't keep VHS tapes and rerecord forever. They only have a shelf life of 8 years, after that when you tape stuff it turns to crap. *memo to self: Buy new VHS tapes*

 
At 8:53 PM, February 18, 2006, Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

If you have your head frozen and they find a cure for what killed you, then who's body do you want your head transplanted on??
Just curious.....

:)

 
At 12:22 PM, February 20, 2006, Blogger ramblin' girl said...

WILTW...

that Coldplay is MUCH better at Red Rocks than at the Can* despite the cool gold-glitter filled balloons!!


* our indoor arena named after soda

 
At 12:35 PM, February 20, 2006, Blogger grody jo-dee said...

i learned that bryan adams was not really better looking when he was younger (courtesy of vh1 classic "cuts like a knife") i got one word for you, bryan. MICRODERMABRASION. spend your money on something useful.

 
At 12:38 PM, February 20, 2006, Blogger grody jo-dee said...

p.s. i was listening to "praise chorus" the other day in the car, singing all loudly. then i realized this older woman in the car next to me was looking at me like i was on crack. maybe it was the wild gestures. we must be related, walmart dancer.

 
At 2:38 PM, February 20, 2006, Blogger cherish said...

OOOOO great list! What about my picture :( I want to go in the time capsule.

 
At 7:15 PM, February 20, 2006, Blogger dewey said...

Thanks, pookie. The 10th Anniversary of my 21st Birthday was yesterday. It was uneventful, as the birthday celebrations of those who have reached my advanced age should be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.