Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Prunes Prunes good for the butt...

Dear Undies,

Most of you know me as a being a non-political tree hugging, baby seal beating, meat eating vegetarian. But deep down inside I have a soft spot for courageous fruit.

As I was reading my daily dose of por... um... I mean...crocheting websites, I stumbled across this report. Apparently prunes are possibly the bravest fruit you will ever meet...or eat for that matter.

True, it had been considered for years to be solely responsible for exploding diarhea among the elderly, but now prunes are actually considered heroes from WWII. According to the aforementioned report they were used as a secret weapon in transporting maps documents and believe it or not raisins. Ok maybe not raisins.

The point is, we must take out time from our busy schedules, have a moment of silence and salute this patriotic fruit. Yes, we salute you, old mighty Prune. Yes, The whole world thanks you!


(Disclaimer: Despite what you think these are not rabbit droppings, although they very well could be.)

Here's a poem:

Prunes, Prunes good for the heart

The more you eat

The more you clean your colon and save the world.

(It's not supposed to rhyme!)

I just wish those lazy nectarines would learn something from the prunes. Stupid nectarines. We love you Pruneys!

Love,

Undr


PS Let's keep in mind those who are sick among us, like Linda or those who have stapled their fingers or any others who ain't doin' so good. Get well soon. Love ya mean it.

PPS: Make sure you check out the linky links, they talk about deeper stuff like the effects of Avocados during the Civil War. Guacamole Unite!

****Update***** I just got a message: Apparently, the California Raisins are a little bit pissed that I didn't mention their efforts for making Raisins "cool to eat." My apologies. In my defense, I just think they're creepy.

4 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Lori said...

Stupid nectarines.

 
At 10:45 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

I've never had a prune. I think I'll keep it that way.

 
At 6:24 PM, April 14, 2006, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

I was a California Raisin for Halloween back in the early 90's; or maybe it was the late 80's. Whatever. I went to a dance and I slow danced with the cutest boy in school (he was a teen-wolf like Michael J. Fox) to the song, Every Rose has it's Thorn.
Yeah it does.
Actually.

 
At 9:39 AM, April 15, 2006, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

AAWW Thanks Undroo. I am feeling better now. Scratching my head tryin to figure out how come I just now read this post. :)

Me luvs raisins and been know to eat occasional prune but I don't know now haahaa.
smooches and huggiezz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.